Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Ok the top one is a couple of hours ago when the camera was working fine, the middle one is when I tried to put the auto flash plus red eye on, and this last one is when I had reset the settings to try and fix it. the butter is lit up fine but the cat at the back is really dark, and normally it would be a bright clear photo :/

Attached Images

12-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I don't think I can cover the red light, hold the camera and take a picture, lol. Altho I think it only does the red light when the flash is off, and I usually have the flash on, all 3 of these pics are with the flash on
12-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #18
Veteran Member

As far as I know (and I will stand corrected if wrong), that red light is usually used to help the camera focus on the person/object you are trying to capture - in low light conditions.

I don't think the flash is the problem ... is either a software or mechanical problem.
Don't know if there is such a thing for your camera ... but have you tried to upgrade the software?
12-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
As far as I know (and I will stand corrected if wrong), that red light is usually used to help the camera focus on the person/object you are trying to capture - in low light conditions.

I don't think the flash is the problem ... is either a software or mechanical problem.
Don't know if there is such a thing for your camera ... but have you tried to upgrade the software?

I don't know if there is such a thing either, but I don't have a lead to connect it to the computer. I could look into if there is software updates, and then if there is I will buy a new lead. Thanks

12-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Can't find a link for the firmware update ... if there are any ...
12-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If a reset didn't help, then it's probably a hardware problem, which means you'll need a new camera!

Among the better deals out there right now is the Canon A3400:
Canon PowerShot A3400 IS Digital Camera, Red 6186B001

You could also get the LS465 (sold only in the UK), but I wouldn't recommend it over the Canon:
Pentax Optio LS465 Digital Camera - Purple 2.7 inch: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

I just found that canon one in currys for 59 in silver (my pentax is silver so I prefer that, lol). It looks quite nice. Do u have personal experience with it? I was just curious with u recommending the canon over the pentax. What do u prefer about the canon? Neither of the cameras are touchscreen right? Cos I don't like touchscreen, lol