Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #1

Looking for parts for af360

I dropped my camera and broke the bottom/shoe of my af360 flash. I am having trouble finding a place where I could just buy the parts, rather than sending it in to be repaired. Does anyone have a suggestion of where I could buy parts?

12-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe you can get them from the Pentax repair place C.R.I.S. in Arizona. Same thing happened to me several years ago. You need to know the part number of the foot which is the Hot Shoe Base - Y306. It cost me $6 several years ago. I will say that it seemed like a good idea to me to fix mine when it happened to me. However, even with the part and the service part list (which I also got from C.R.I.S.) it took me all weekend to put it back together. It's kinda hairy and I don't recommend it. I needed to practice my soldering skills, happened to have some jewelers tools which were very helpful with the small parts, had to buy a small vice to act as my third hand to hold things and work at times with a magnifier. If you do it, take images of your dis assembly because you will most definitely need them to reassemble it.

There are some older threads on this site about this process. Note (I know you didn't ask this but) that the AF540 flash while similar has different parts than the AF360 and different repair procedures.

Best of luck.
12-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kdeberti Quote
I dropped my camera and broke the bottom/shoe of my af360 flash. I am having trouble finding a place where I could just buy the parts, rather than sending it in to be repaired. Does anyone have a suggestion of where I could buy parts?

I do not know how much of the foot you broke but this site has some parts I bought the red cover that goes on the front of mine and was satisfied with the service
360fgz
12-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kdeberti Quote
I Just (half a year ago) crashed 360fgz mounted on camera. Shoe broke off. And it didn`t bothered me - I just unscrewed pieces of this and made base of flash flat. Because almost all Pentax cameras can control flash as wireless flash. So I am popping it with built in flash (it`s set to control - to not have flash effect from it, just to measure light and trigger wireless 360fgz). But actually I have some other 360fgz flashes - to get pure satisfaction of wireless flash use. ;-)

12-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Try this:

Lynn Badillo
National Parts Administrator
Wildernest Logistics Solutions, Inc.
PENTAX Division
3500 N. Windsor Dr. Suite-400
Aurora, CO 80011
Ph. (720)988-2653
Fax (303)799-9213
E-Mail: lynn.badillo@wildernestlogistics.com