Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #1

Remote O-RC1

Can anyone help in need to replace the battery in an O-RC1. I have removed the 4 small screws on the back but the unit doesn't come apart still can anyone offer advice please? Thanks

12-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is the sealed water resistant unit and you will have to essentially break it to open it - sorry. People have reported doing so successfully but then the water tightness is compromised. I prefer the JJC remotes that cost about $6-8 and take a standard CR2025 battery.
JJC RM-E7 Remote Control reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

If you do decide to open it here is a link that might help.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/168203-op...c1-remote.html
12-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Wow, I never thought about that. I just got one for Christmas. Oh well, now I can get another for another Christmas when this one dies.
12-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by calculator01 Quote
Wow, I never thought about that. I just got one for Christmas. Oh well, now I can get another for another Christmas when this one dies.
I've used my K-5 in all sorts of weather and never had a problem with my non-WR JJC $6 remotes. If I were doing surf photos or white water rafting then I would probably spring for one but other than something along those lines I see them as a pain because you can't open them and the WR is not needed short of the risk of immersion IMHO.

12-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
That is the sealed water resistant unit and you will have to essentially break it to open it - sorry. People have reported doing so successfully but then the water tightness is compromised. I prefer the JJC remotes that cost about $6-8 and take a standard CR2025 battery.
JJC RM-E7 Remote Control reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

If you do decide to open it here is a link that might help.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/168203-op...c1-remote.html
Thank you for the information, totally gutted the O-RC1 is brilliant. It's a shame they do tell you about the battery replacing issue before purchase. I will look to purchase your recommendation in the UK. Again thanks for your help. Gvipo
12-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gvipo Quote
Thank you for the information, totally gutted the O-RC1 is brilliant. It's a shame they do tell you about the battery replacing issue before purchase. I will look to purchase your recommendation in the UK. Again thanks for your help. Gvipo
Glad to be of help. The review section here is a GREAT resource. If you are thinking of buying something for your Pentax it's always a good idea to cruise through that section first. Happy New Year.
12-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Glad to be of help. The review section here is a GREAT resource. If you are thinking of buying something for your Pentax it's always a good idea to cruise through that section first. Happy New Year.
Hi Docrwm, many thanks for your reply. Have a happy new year too. I own a Pentax K7 and now a Pentax Q; I'm a newbie keen amateur wanting to learn as much as possible so if you have any recommendations re zoom lenses for the 'Q' it would be greatfully received. Happy photographing. 😄