Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #1

Loupe sensor cleaning with opteka ssc 85

I just came across this loupe sensor magnifier for cleaning made by Opteka.

Opteka SSC-85 10x CCD/CMOS Dust Illuminating LED Sensor Loupe

Has anyone used it or have any thoughts on this. It sells fro about $40.00. It seems to resemble the Visible Dust BriteVue Sensor Loupe 7X that retails for about $100. I was going to buy the Dot Line DL-SLCK SensorVu Loupe.

Dot Line DL-SL DLC Sensor-Vu Loupe (5x) DL-SL B&H Photo Video

between the different items I mentioned I think the Opteka will be one that will not bust my pocket and be better than the dot line which seems to be flimsy and does not have to many good reviews.

Any thought welcomed

JC

01-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #2

Never heard of it. But it's a bit un clear to me how it works except for putting it on the mount of your lens. I think I start using google on the item myself as I've got no clue how the item should work.
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While I have the full cleaning kit from Delkin the singular most useful item in the kit is this:

Amazon.com: Delkin Devices DDSS-SINGLE SensorScope Includes bag: Camera & Photo

Having a lighted loupe is a very big plus when doing sensor cleaning. So it seems to me that the one your looking at should be just fine.
01-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #4

Original Poster
From what i have seen it works just like the Visible Dust BriteVue Sensor Loupe 7X it just to look to see if you have dust on the sensor. the only difference i see with the two is that the Opetka is 10x magnifying while the visible dust Britevue is only 7x. Both have 6 leds.

01-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks blackcloudbrew, and Khashoggi for you input. I think that the
Opteka SSC-85 10x CCD/CMOS Dust Illuminating LED Sensor Loupe is a good compromise between the the expensive and cheap loupes. I just placed the order for the Opteka I will post my review on this blog. I think for the price you cannot go wrong considering the price and the features of the loupe. I choose the Opteka based on the number of LEDS and the magnification power. as compared to the "lenspen loupe" "dot line loupe same as the GGS CCD cmos senor loupe from china" " Visible Dust BriteVue Sensor Loupe 7X" If anyone has more thoughts on this please post.
01-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

Make sure there is enough room between the loupe and the sensor to enable you to pick up the dust with a brush (or whatever) while you are looking through the loupe. Otherwise you are flying blind to pick up the dust you spotted.

I use this one and it works perfectly, wouldn't be without it.
GGS Sensor Loupe Sensor CCD CMOS Cleaning Kit for DSLR Digital Camera | eBay

Greetings
01-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for all the input I know that there is a wet and a dry method to clean the sensor. Wet "sensor swab" or dry using the brush method Sensor cleaning system for digital camera. or is the bet to use the Pentax Image Sensor Cleaning Kit O-ICK1. I have been looking around and i found the video below from the Leica factory showing how they clean the camera and it seems that they are using the Pentax Image Sensor Cleaning Kit O-ICK1. and also a wet method any thoughts

Leica M9 - Cleaning the sensor | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

01-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #8

Original Poster
The Loupe just arrived. I used it on my old Nikon SLR. I must say that it does its job and I was able to see the dust clearly and clean the camera. The leds work great but they do not seem to be as powerful as the Visible Dust BriteVue Sensor Loupe 7X from the pictures i have seen on the internet. In all you are able to see all the inside of the camera and it is nicely focusd and the LEDS are placed at an angle so that they all shine at the center of the camera. I am happy with my purchase.