Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
looking for Pentax dealer...

I wasn't sure which thread to post this in - thought this was as good as any. I'm looking for an authorized Pentax dealer on Vancouver Island in Canada. Nanaimo or Victoria would be best. If anybody knows of any, or could at least point me in the right direction to begin my search - I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

01-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #2

London Drugs is an authorized Pentax Dealer
01-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There's a dealer locator on the Pentax Canada website: PENTAX RICOH IMAGING CANADA INC. | Dealer Locator. At present it shows 5 stores in Nanaimo.

Regards,
--Anders.
09-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A bit of a delayed reply, but I live in Nanaimo so thought I'd offer up what info I have.
As posted above London Drugs (3 locations) is the only authorized "bricks and mortar" store in town that deal in Pentax. Blacks Photography did handle Pentax but no longer do business in Nanaimo.
If you want to buy 3rd party lenses you can go to Future Shop and they will ship in want you want (ie, Sigma Pentax mount) but they don't stock them.
Used lenses (assuming you want to avoid buying site unseen) best options are nanaimo.craigslist.org, usednanaimo.com, nanaimo.kijiji.com or chancing your luck at any of the local pawn shops. Almost all the pawn shops carry lenses but I've yet to see more then half a dozen random brand (nikon/canon/pentax, etc) lenses at any shop at any given time.