Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #1

K-x and using AF400T flash

I want to continue using my beloved Pentax AF400T flash (because of its practical huge grip, because of the 220V alimentation possibility while shooting).

But, using it with a modern K-x is much more tricky than with the 1980-PentaxLX !!
cam set at M, 1/100sec, f set at the lens (e.g. f:8);
cam AF function OFF
viewfinder shows me that the flashgun, linked to cam via dedicated 5-pin Pentax chord (the same I ever used before), is ready to flash
the flash spurts only very seldom:
I got the impression that I've got to count mentally "1-2-3-4" slowly, AFTER the little hexagonal focus signal in the viewfinder has lit up, or else the flash won't shoot. Impossible to make spontaneous model shooting with it (I like the 400T to trigger my multiblitz strobes).

I've tried everything possible in the MENU sub-section (e.g.:AE -AF being linked or not).
I've measured the pins of the chord with an Ohmmeter: they are OK.

What now?

01-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This might help:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-flashes-lighting-technique/166859-...ocus-400t.html
01-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

oldMElove, when the ready lamp is on and when you push the "test" button, does the flash fire every time?

If the flash doesn't fire every time, I'm afraid that its life is over....