Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #16

Original Poster
Thanks Jim, for the card slot cleaning suggestion.

OK I received two new 8 GB SD cards in the post via ebay and they both worked perfectly in the camera.

I inspected the two "damaged" 4 GB SD cards that were not recognizable by the camera. The metal connectors of both are badly scratched compared with the new ones. But both still work in my notebook computer.

Thanks for the help. I will have to be more gentle with inserting the cards into the various devices.

Last edited by wedwardes; 01-29-2013 at 11:44 AM.
01-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wedwardes Quote
Thanks Jim, for the card slot cleaning suggestion.

OK I received two new 8 GB SD cards in the post via ebay and they both worked perfectly in the camera.

I inspected the two "damaged" 4 GB SD cards that were not recognizable by the camera. The metal connectors of both are badly scratched compared with the new ones. But both still work in my notebook computer.

Thanks for the help. I will have to be more gently with inserting the cards into the various devices.
You can try to clean those connectors with a light cleaning using a metal polish. It can go bad on you if you use too much or use a non-cream type but it can also bring them back. SD cards that are used regularly do have a life span though and at some point they just need to be scrapped.