Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Tamron F AF Teleconverter

Hello, I have used for year a teleconverter Tamron -F AF and worked ok with all my Pentax cameras. I have recently bought a K30 but I think is not compatible... It just wont work. I can listen to the mirror move but thereīs no picture so I just took it off ( I got a bit scared I could damage the camera).
So can I still use it? or should I get another one?

01-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What lens are you using it with? And what camera did you use it on before?

There are a number of different Tamron TC's, the exact model number or a picture would also help.
01-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
What lens are you using it with? And what camera did you use it on before?

There are a number of different Tamron TC's, the exact model number or a picture would also help.
I have always used it with my Pentax lens SMC FA 80-320mm with the *ist dl and then with the K10 D. Here are the pictures of the TC. Thank you
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
01-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Why the tape over the screw drive?

01-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Why the tape over the screw drive?
Exactly. ??

That TC should work just fine. I was asking about the lens because the newer SDM lenses do not always play nice with TC's, but that is not your problem.

I assume the lens works fine on the camera by itself? If so, do you have focus priority set on the camera? If so the camera will not take a picture unless the target is in focus. And, just speculating here, but if you have tape over the screwdrive there is no way the lens can be focused.
01-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In the picture of the rear of the TC it looks like the aperture flag is bent. If that is getting stuck the aperture diaphragm won't open and close smoothly.
01-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #7

Original Poster
Hello, I use the tape because when I use my 80 320mm lens it just takes too long to focus on auto and when I set it to manual focus the ring gets stuck and I canīt move it... well, I can move it but it sounds and feel like its going to break apart. * The lens works perfectly without the TC.*

I just tried to take a picture and Its like it creates a short circuit or something like that... when I turn the camera on and off either is the mirror that moves up and down or the diafragm (I dont know if its written correctly) that opens and closes. Why I think is the diafragm because I can barely see through the viewfinder cause it turns obscure. Besides of that I have no way of making any settings because the screen will turn black.. not even pressing menu or changing the dial, nothing... I have to take the TC out.

Hope you understand my english.. Iīll try to make a short video of this so that you can see exactly what happens.
01-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
In the picture of the rear of the TC it looks like the aperture flag is bent. If that is getting stuck the aperture diaphragm won't open and close smoothly.
But it works perfectly on my K10D...

01-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #9

Original Poster
What would be the perfect setting on my K30 for using this TC?? I feel like a dumb with this camera.. My K10d was more friendly...