Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #1

Matin M-6361sensor cleaner / Sensorvu DL-Ac02

I just received the Dot Line sensorvu DL-AC02 from Dot line

SensorVu Dual Wand Cleaning Kit [DL-AC02] : Dot Line Corp., Serving You Since 1963

It is the same as the Matin M-6361

http://e.matin.co.kr/~matin/system2/mall.php?cat=003000000&query=view&no=296

Also re-branded as Opteka ssc-10

http://opteka.com/ssc10.aspx

Both companies basically tell you how to clean the tips "Wands will last many years as they can be rejuvenated by dipping the tip and mini mat into cold water for a few seconds to revive the sticky surface. If oil from fingers gets on the tip, dipping the tip in warm soapy water, such as dish soap, will remove it."

My question is how do you clean the mini pad which works like the paper pads used on the Penatx
O-ICK1. I think just passing water on it will not really work has anyone used this before and would you use it on your camera.? The cleaning instruction are very similar to the Speckgrabber cleaning instructions. My guess is to do the same as the tips warm soap water then cold water allow dry.

http://kinetronics.com/store/instSG.html

I am going to try the warm water soap and then cold water on the tips and try them on a glass surface to see if they stick. I will clean them first let dry, test and then I will clean them again the same way. I am not going to use the mini pad as that is my main concern.

Last edited by JCk30; 02-01-2013 at 08:43 AM.
01-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #2

Original Poster
After first cleaning and allowed to dry the tips were very sticky.

After cleaning with just warm soap and cold water

05-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
So I finally decide to try out the mini cleaning pad in the kit to my surprise it works great collecting all the dust after I use the tabs tip on a dusty glass cup. My next step was how to clean the mini collecting pad.

To clean I used the same procedure as above. Except that for the mini collecting pad I dipped the pad and the case into the warm water/soap (original dawn) and used one of the sticky tabs to clean the pad while in the water. Then I dipped the sticky pad and case in cold water to rinse. Once dry you have to cover the mini collecting pad with the plastic sheet that was original on it. all came out crystal clear.

05-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I gave up on trying to replace the little sheet over the pad, but I do keep the case closed at all times. If you only use it for sensors and not dirty dishes then it is only a few specks on the thing -- you don't need to clean it much. (And how often are you cleaning your sensor?) This is the best sensor cleaner, although sometimes you still may need to use a wet swab if you've got an oily blotch or something. The problem is every other method tends to leave its own residue (or get rid of the speck you are targeting but leave new ones), but if you use these sticky things as a final step you can get everything and it will be spotless.

It also comes under the ProMaster brand, btw, maybe some others. I think I got it for $30ish?

05-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #5

Original Poster
I just ordered my K30 with wr lenes (18mm-55mm and 50mm-200mm yesterday and it is on its way. I was just getting all my accessories before buying the camera. I still need to buy the wet method I will buy the sensor swab from Photographic solution ( Digital Survival Kit Professional.) . Thanks for the reply I am now confident that i purchased a great product much cheaper than the
Pentax Image Sensor Cleaning Kit, O-ICK1 And in my opinion does the same thing.
08-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Kool very kool