Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
pentax remote F

does the pentax remote battery work with the k5iis? I can't get it to work, battery seems fine

thanks

randy

02-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Mine works. You do have to set the drive mode to remote. And check the AF with remote setting to make sure it is what you want: C3.18.
02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Remember also it's a fairly limited range and direct line of sight operation.
02-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Mine works. You do have to set the drive mode to remote. And check the AF with remote setting to make sure it is what you want: C3.18.
Hi and thanks
I have put it in remote and I get no response from the camera no matter what the distance is
Not sure what C3.18.

Thanks

Randy

02-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
Not sure what C3.18.
Press the Menu button; go to the Custom section; Tab 3; Item #18. It determines whether the camera auto-focuses when the remote is activated. I doubt it has anything to do with your problem, just wanted to point out that it is there and changes the behavior of the remote.

How long have you had the Remote F? It is possible the battery is dead. Do you have another camera to try it on?
02-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Press the Menu button; go to the Custom section; Tab 3; Item #18. It determines whether the camera auto-focuses when the remote is activated. I doubt it has anything to do with your problem, just wanted to point out that it is there and changes the behavior of the remote.

How long have you had the Remote F? It is possible the battery is dead. Do you have another camera to try it on?
I bought it from a forum member a few months back...brand new in box. did not work on my k10 either. tested and put in another battery with same results. tried putting the battery in the other way and it didn't help.will look into your advise to see if it will help.

thanks

randy
02-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

A quick test: Aim the remote at a cheap camera such as your cell phone and see if it lights up. The pic is quick hack work but you can see the wireless remote working in the square.Mine is the O-RC1