Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #1

Bit fallen over sensor

Was taking pics this morning and all of a sudden a I was getting a strange line across my images. When I looked behind the mirror on the sensor is like a piece if black card. Any ideas what just happened

02-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
Banned

Huh?

When you need help with something, it pays dividends to invest in providing as much info as possible, rather than leaving the burden to the readers. This starts with a good title to get the most experienced people to even click on the thread. Then comes being specific and tuning into the senses, if possible, of what you're seeing.

Not to mention, what camera do you have???
02-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, what camera? And were you shooting in live view or using the OVF? The info you provided is pretty vague. It could be anything from sensor damage to overheating or some dust..
02-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #4

Original Poster
Sorry. I have a Pentax kr.

I Was taking photos of the birds in back garden as normal and after taking a few I saw this Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter I thought it was a piece of dirt on lens but its not so took the lens off and nothing inside so thought I would lift the mirror and check the sensor. It has a piece of what seems like dark grey/black plastic rectangle with slightly rounded corners. It does move about but is like it is attached at one corner.

It is still taking pictures

02-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Sample photos help too.
02-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #6

Original Poster
The twitpic shows the image with the bit across it. Can not get a decent photo of inside the camera
02-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by nickymcc Quote
Sorry. I have a Pentax kr.

I Was taking photos of the birds in back garden as normal and after taking a few I saw this Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter I thought it was a piece of dirt on lens but its not so took the lens off and nothing inside so thought I would lift the mirror and check the sensor. It has a piece of what seems like dark grey/black plastic rectangle with slightly rounded corners. It does move about but is like it is attached at one corner.

It is still taking pictures
Wait, so you lifted the mirror with your fingers?

Then you saw something underneath, no idea what it is, and decided to touch and fiddle with it?

Before you break/damage more things and cost even more money than you already have for yourself, take it to the service center. You likely have a piece of one of the shutter curtains that's broken off.

02-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #8

Original Poster
No the camera has a mirror up function. I know it moves because when i moved the camera it moved. Think you could be right about it being the shutter curtain
02-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
I remember someone mentioning an adhesive strip under the sensor to help catch debris/dust when you perform the sensor cleaning function. Perhaps that came loose somehow, and managed to stick to your sensor? Just a guess.
02-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jamfke Quote
I remember someone mentioning an adhesive strip under the sensor to help catch debris/dust when you perform the sensor cleaning function. Perhaps that came loose somehow, and managed to stick to your sensor? Just a guess.
I am sure you are right. Attached is a picture of the sensor housing on my K20D. It looks like one of the velvet like piece came off and has managed to get stuck on your sensor. Working under a bright light, put the camera into sensor clean mode, using a tweezer or a hemostat, I would carefully lift off the velvet piece because the longer you leave the piece stuck on the sensor, harder it will be to remove the adhesive residue.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo