Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
If Ricoh wants only to sell new bodies and lenses they need only to abandon the K mount and stop-down metering support.

Seems to me it would be good advertising for Pentax Ricoh to say not only are we loyal to our customers but to our lenses.
Pentax Ricoh is currently producing 3 lines of lenses, K, 645, and Q. They are currently producing 2 adapters, 645 to K and K to Q.

I think it is obvious that Pentax is loyal to the K-mount and that after more than 35 years they can let go of the Praktica mount as it is known in Japan. The lenses will still work and you can still get a third party adapter, but it is obvious that Pentax Ricoh feel it isn't worth actively supporting lens mounts they don't make anymore.

02-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #17

Original Poster
Thank you all for the advice. I guess my best course of action now is to scour ebay for an adapter. Ahh the price of wanting to try old screw mount glass.