Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #1

Monochrome Photos in Color When Viewed on PC

While using my K-5 I took some photos with the camera set to RAW and the Custom Image set to Monochrome. When I viewed them on the camera they appeared black and white, but when viewed in Picasa Photo viewer or Adobe Camera Raw or Bridge, they have color. I checked to see if I had set the Memory to not record the Custom Image setting, but it was set to record it. I'm at a loss as to why this would happen. It's not a pressing problem, but it's still annoying. Any one have any ideas?

02-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Custom Image only applies to jpeg, not RAW files.
02-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And when viewing raw on camera it only shows you a jpeg preview of the raw, so on camera it will look bw (or whatever other digital filters you have set). Any good raw editor will allow you to turn the image bw (and customize it)
02-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by StupidPlant Quote
While using my K-5 I took some photos with the camera set to RAW and the Custom Image set to Monochrome. When I viewed them on the camera they appeared black and white, but when viewed in Picasa Photo viewer or Adobe Camera Raw or Bridge, they have color. I checked to see if I had set the Memory to not record the Custom Image setting, but it was set to record it. I'm at a loss as to why this would happen. It's not a pressing problem, but it's still annoying. Any one have any ideas?
As noted RAW is RAW and the B&W you see is a jpeg from your camera settings. I believe that by using the included Pentax Utility you would be able to output a DNG or jpg with the B&W setting you chose.

M