Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Forum Member

Focus Screen Installation on K30 (Shims etc)

Hi everyone!

I just got a S-type focusing screen for my K30.

And I feel pretty good about installing this thing, I was just wondering how many people have just been able to drop the screen in without the shims and been good to go....particularly I am looking for experiences on K30s.

Should I expect multiple installations to mess around with shims?

Thanks!

02-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suggest you look at some online videos that show how its done. About shims on a K-30, sorry, can't help you. Its a fairly new camera, so I doubt a lot of people have tried it. Just make sure you are in a clean room, you really don't want dust or hair to get onto the screen.
I think quite a few people on these forums have done it with other cameras and we very rarely get someone reporting they messed it up. You should be fine.
02-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Use the shims (if any) from the stock screen and you should probably fine. You can check the focus using live-view with a magnifying loupe with the camera tripod mounted.

Steve