Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K7 - PC Sync not working

I'm posting here before I contact support - but perhaps someone here's stumbled through this issue.

I use a K7 with its pc sync port to fire Norman 202 power pack lights. I had a shoot last year where they were working fine - the next week I had another shoot and all of a sudden the lights stopped firing.

The lights flash when I connect them to the camera - but not when I take a photo camera (on X-Sync mode, or anything else under the 1/180 sync limit).

I just ordered a hot shoe adapter - and yet again the same problem happens! The strobes fire when they're connected but not when I take a photo.

No idea what's going on here. I do have a Pentax hot-shoe flash which I lent a friend. Everything else functions as normal.

Thanks!

02-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #2

Original Poster
oh and yes - i've tested the lights with another camera that fires. the strobes themselves or the connection do not appear to be the problem.
02-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter

NORMAN 202 FLASH SYSTEM with a 7D? - Photo.net Canon EOS Forum

See 3rd post by waite watson.

4th post links to a voltage site that indicates that the Norman 2XX series triggers 100+ V, which will, eventually, destroy your camera.
02-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks. I remember reading about that issue awhile back - I've used them for a few years without issue till now. I guess I can hook em up to an oscilloscope and see for myself what voltage I get.

Either way, if that would have shot my camera circuits I imagine it shouldn't be working at all??