Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
I recently received a Manfrotto 190XB with the 498RC2 ball head and really enjoy it. While not the most expensive, it is pretty sturdy. Fully extended, I don't have to lean over to see through the viewfinder (I'm 183 cm tall). The ability to move the legs into horizontal positions, along with a removable center column with a flush screw for the lowest shots, means it is pretty versatile. Sure, it is heavier than carbon fiber, but I didn't have the money for one of those.

I'm glad I don't have anything heavier than the DA*50-135 though- the head droops a little bit with that lens on my K7.

The best thing would be to bring your heaviest lens and try one out at the store.

02-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you're serious about a real tripod that you wont need a loan for...at $230 there is no better tripod in the universe than the Berlebach 3032 Wood Tripod. It's also a chick magnet...and once you attract one you can brain her with it as well.

On sale @ B&H
02-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by halfspin Quote
If you're serious about a real tripod that you wont need a loan for...at $230 there is no better tripod in the universe than the Berlebach 3032 Wood Tripod. It's also a chick magnet...and once you attract one you can brain her with it as well.

On sale @ B&H
It's 55 inches tall and the weight is 7.05 lb (3.20 kg) - wow. But, wood transmits vibration less than either aluminum or carbon fiber.
02-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
Pentaxian

For more (confusing input ), read this thread. It discusses essentially the same thing.