Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Older Manual lens on K-X

Hi Folks
I recently purchased the K-x. I have a couple of older lenses theta are non auto, how do I go about using them on the camera. One of them is a Chinon 50m 1.7 that I think I want to use with some extension tubes for some close up stuff, but I really don't have a clue what I am doing or where to start.
Thanks in advance

Steve

02-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are your lenses M42 or K-mount?

If k-mount they will work just fine without an adapter. However, you will need to meter manually by selecting the aperture on the lens and then pressing the green button (assuming it is not mapped to something else) and then taking the picture. The lenses will only work in M mode. On the k-x I believe the +/- button can also be used to manually meter.

There is a menu setting that needs to be turned on, I don't have my k-x handy but it is something like "Use aperture ring". This needs to be on, the default is off.

Also, read this section, it will help: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using-ma...x-dslrs-f.html
02-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
It is a K mount, thanks for the reply