Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two questions about PDCU4

Hello guys,

My Questions : when i look at my Image data in PDCU4 it says : 'Autofocusmode : Single AF' although the camera (K-x) was set in 11point automatic , the Autofocus aeremode says 'automatic' .
Does this mean that from the 11 autofocus points only one was in focus? Or is this a bug in PDCU4?

Next, is it possible in PDCU4 to get data uploaded for my Sigma lens for exemple?

Thanks for your input,

and foggy, wet greetings from Belgium,

Igor

02-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It is describing the focus mode your camera was in (ie Manual focus, Continuous focus , single focus) not the number of focus points.
02-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rockmaster1964 Quote
It is describing the focus mode your camera was in (ie Manual focus, Continuous focus , single focus) not the number of focus points.
Thanks Rockmaster, One question of my mind, feel a bit stupid not to have though of it myself...
Nice of you to help beginners.
CU,

Igor
02-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Pentaxian

There are two Image Data lines. One is Autofocus mode, which will say Single AF, Manual focus, or Continuous AF. The AF-MF switch on the front of the camera changes between manual focus and one of the three autofocus modes. Use the status screen and controller, or the [Rec. mode 2] menu, to choose Single (AF.S), Continuous (AF.C) or let the camera pick itself (AF.A). If you took the shots in a Picture or Scene mode, the camera may have seized control of the autofocus mode itself (AF.A). I'm not sure what shows up in the Image Data here because I'm looking at my files from the K-7, which doesn't have Scene modes.

My comment: Pentax really needs someone to realize that having three different names for each thing isn't helpful.

The next line is Autofocus area mode, which will say Automatic, Select or Spot. Spot is the single center point, ignoring the rest. Select has you choosing one point to use. Auto is where the camera chooses the point. I'm not sure whether this line tells you whether you've used Auto with 5 points or Auto with 11 points. On the camera, you change this mode by pressing the OK button in Capture mode.

Sigma lenses often report their type incorrectly to software because Sigma doesn't pay Pentax a license fee to use the K-mount. There's no fix for this in the Pentax software.

02-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hello Just1MoreDave,
Many thanks for such a detailed and complete answer. It would have taken me considerable time to figure that out.
Pity for the Sigma lenses,
Thanks a lot,

CU
02-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
My Sigma 28-70 Epsilon AF shows on PDCU4 at 'Pentax F 28-80' !

Almost got the focal length range right !

Peter