Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Photos will not post

Trying to post photo to Sears Lens Club, but photo will not attach to message. I seem to be following the correct steps but no photo appears with the message.Any ideas?

02-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Name:  Screen Shot 2013-02-15 at 10.43.13 AM.png
Views: 193
Size:  41.7 KB

After uploading the attachment you have to click the paper clip icon and select the attachment

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-02-15 at 10.44.23 AM.png
Views: 194
Size:  47.5 KB

You can also use an external host like Flickr...

02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I put my pictures on Photobucket and Flicker, then use the "[IMG]" BBC code tags to place pictures into my posts.

Like this:

As I move around the country (I drive a truck) my internet connection changes. Sometimes the images won't load properly, and I suspect it is related to a combination of poor internet service and possibly that when I clear the browser cache it just won't load the images.

What's really weird is there will be times when I'm in or near a major city, the wi-fi thing shows I have 4G and an excellent connection, and I can't get on, let alone get web pages to load.

Then I will be in some remote place like West Texas where I-10 and I-20 meet, the signal will barely show one bar on the edge network and navigating the web will be like changing channels on the TV.

And when I'm at home I have an ADSL connection, and even though my house is at the end of the line a very long way from the CO I can download the equivalent of a dual layer DVD in a minute or two.

I dunno, maybe its a Communist plot or the Aliens are messing with me.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 02-15-2013 at 10:40 AM.
02-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You don't *have* to click on the paperclip- as long as you submit the attachment form, all photos will be displayed at the bottom of your post.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Trying to post photo to Sears Lens Club, but photo will not attach to message. I seem to be following the correct steps but no photo appears with the message.Any ideas?
The problem is that I posted the photo elsewhere on the forum, and cannot figure out how to reference back to it. Forum reply will not let me post the same photo twice;
02-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just change the file name then re-upload it. Or upload it to a user gallery.
02-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
The problem is that I posted the photo elsewhere on the forum, and cannot figure out how to reference back to it. Forum reply will not let me post the same photo twice;
Why not right click on the picture, select "View Image Info", copy the highlighted text, then wrap it with [IMG] tags?