Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #1

DSLR with Auto Bellows A and Slide Copier

I am trying to copy slides using K10D and Auto Bellows A with Slide Copier. I am using Pentax-M 50mm f/4 Macro lens. I realize that the image will be cropped, but that is not my problem.

My problem that is that the shutter will not release. The camera's LCD panel is flashing F--. I suspect that this is due to there being no direct connection from camera to lens. Am I missing something simple? Do you have a suggestion for me? Thank you.

02-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

In custom menu set "Using aperture ring" to "Permitted", "Green button in TAv & M" to "Tv Shift" and "Preview Method" to "Optical Preview".

Then shoot in Manual mode. Set your f-stop and either use the green button to set the exposure time or operate the DOF and use the exposure meter bars for stop-down metering. You have to stop-down the lens manually to meter and take the exposure. There is a mechanical cable release socket on the front trame. You can press this in like a shutter release button to stop the lens down, it might twist to lock. If not connect a cable release to the socket and you can lock the cable release.

Last edited by Not a Number; 02-15-2013 at 07:01 PM.
02-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Go to this thread...
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/170530-ho...lr-camera.html

Read all the posts .... The only update I will make is that I did purchase a Pentax F 35-70mm lens after I sold my Promaster 28-70.
02-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Interesting, from the charts that are in the Minolta Auto Bellow III manual an 85mm lens should give the magnification ratio and have enough film plane to subject distance to give full frame coverage on an APS-C sensor with the standard rails. I've tried it with a 75mm enlarger lens but the bellows rail as too short (200mm) by about 30-50mm. Reversing the lens made no difference.

The problem is 85mm lenses command premium prices - much desired and usually of very high optical qualities.

02-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you for solving my problem. The key piece I was missing was to set "Using Aperture Ring" to "Permitted". I also found that I can capture the full slide image with no cropping by changing the lens to Pentax-A 35-70mm Zoom set at 70mm.