Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #1

My Kx Is down

Hi Adam,

I'm new to thisso please forgive if this is the wrong place to post. My Kx took a fall at family party. It basicaly rolled out of the camra bag it was on the floorand didn't fall more than a foot. Now the monitor won't light up. the shutter activates but I can't see an image. I put new batteries in still no image. I need to get it fixed, but I don't want spend more than a new body would cost. Do any of the forums sponsers do repaires? Thanks Cruiser 2

02-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I guess this is more of a 'technical troubleshooting' sort of thread. Have moved to the appropriate forum. I'm sure members will recommend repair companies if a fix cannot be found.
02-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check to make sure the lcd screen is turned on, I think that is 'info' button with several presses on k-x. Just a long shot but worth trying. Outside of that it looks like repair. Depends on what country you are in for repairs. In the US I think all repairs are done by CRIS, in Canada I believe Pentax Canada handles them, not sure about UK or Europe.
02-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would guess it's a simple connector that is loose, pretty common in consumer products. LCD screens are pretty hardy. It would probably cost some money to repair it or maybe you're brave enough to open it yourself?

02-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 to cycle through the info button a few times. Could have easily been pressed and has simply turned the screen off.