Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
645n problem with rewind

My 645n is stuck in rewind mode. I finished a roll of film and it rewound properly, but when I loaded a new roll, it did not stop after advancing the film - it rewound the entire roll. Now I can put an empty film holder in and the camera starts advancing/ rewinding and will not stop. Once the camera is switched on, the only way to get it to stop is to remove the film holder or the battery pack. Nothing seems to be out of place. I have tried another film holder, tried removing the batteries - nothing works. Any suggestions??

03-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #2

I have a Pentax 645 in with a repairer with the same problem. He suspected jammed or broken contacts when I described it to him. Hasn't come back yet though, so can't be sure. Might just offer a starting point? Good luck.
03-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stellaaaah Quote
I have a Pentax 645 in with a repairer with the same problem. He suspected jammed or broken contacts when I described it to him. Hasn't come back yet though, so can't be sure. Might just offer a starting point? Good luck.
Thanks for the info, I suspected something elecrtical. Which shop are you using? Did you get an estimate for the repair?
03-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Bogie Quote
Thanks for the info, I suspected something elecrtical. Which shop are you using? Did you get an estimate for the repair?
I'm in the UK so I'm not sure it'll be overly helpful to you, and in terms of a quote, the technician I use said it will be down to the availability of parts. I bought the 645 with the problem fully declared and didn't pay much more for it than the cost of a film insert so figured if it wasn't fixable (or an expensive fix) I would just have it as a donor for parts for my other cameras. I'll let you know what the technician discovers because it does sound like an identical issue to your 645n. At least knowing what the problem is should make it easier to get an accurate quote.

03-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #5

Bogie, the fault on my 645 looks as though it might be a failure on the circuit board. Don't think that sounds like good news for either of us. That was just the preliminary investigation, though. I'll let you know if we can get a definitive diagnosis and if it is repairable. Maybe some of the other 645 Pentaxians have come across this problem before?

Stella