Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax warranty. Very great

Wow, all I can say is Pentax does a great job with their warranty.
I screwed my Pentax k5 into an unusual tripod mount. Trips screw was very deep and when I inserted the tripod screw into the k5 female, I found later that it had penetrated through the k5s tripod base. It came up and almost touched electronics in the base. This was bad because when I zoomed my 18-135, the air would exit and enter through that tripod mount. The hole is near and below the sensor so there was a potential for DUST or WATER to enter or exit . I quickly contacted Pentax in Arizona and let them know I would be sending the k5 still under warranty. The process is a bit "unofficial" but they took care if it. Not only did the cover the damaged tripod thread and mount but they cleaned the sensor, adjusted the focus and updated the firmware. I am very happy with my decision to go with Pentax, as warranties had been a nightmare for me with other products in the past. And Pentax clearly went above and beyond.
Thank you Pentax

-scott
pentaxian for life

03-03-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Good!! Love to hear similar stories from EU!!
03-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad they did a great job for you. I had a similar experience with my Grip. Its important to post about BOTH good and bad experiences at CRIS.