Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax remote F help please

I bought a remote F a while back and still can't get it to work. was new in box.
I took these pics as the inside looks different then the other example on the site

could someone please tell me if I put it together properly or do I have a part missing? it doesn't have the "airplane" type clip but the spring setup that holds the battery is different looking as well.
any help much welcomed!

Attached Images

03-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
I bought a remote F a while back and still can't get it to work. was new in box.
I took these pics as the inside looks different then the other example on the site

could someone please tell me if I put it together properly or do I have a part missing? it doesn't have the "airplane" type clip but the spring setup that holds the battery is different looking as well.
any help much welcomed!
This may sound like a stupid question, but did you go into the Drive Mode menu and select Remote Control?
03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
This may sound like a stupid question, but did you go into the Drive Mode menu and select Remote Control?
Yes in more than one camera

Thanks for asking

Randy
03-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter

If the unit has been sitting for a while, did you test the battery to see if it was still good?

03-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
If the unit has been sitting for a while, did you test the battery to see if it was still good?
thanks for the question. I used 2 batteries both tested 3.1V

randy
03-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
This may sound like a stupid question, but did you go into the Drive Mode menu and select Remote Control
That was my initial thought too.

I didn't realise you could even take these things apart, are you supposed to able to do that? or did you have to apply a level of persuasion.
03-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
That was my initial thought too.

I didn't realise you could even take these things apart, are you supposed to able to do that? or did you have to apply a level of persuasion.
It has 3 very tiny screws, nothing permanent.

Thanks so far,

Randy
03-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

I think you've already tried the sensible user changeable stuff, for all the cost of these units (20 ish) here, I'd be tempted to treat myself.

03-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
Site Supporter

I took mine apart to see the battery number its a 3v lithium renata CR 1620 (Swiss Made). If your first battery was wrong then the rest will be. I can't see the second to last number on your battery. But that's all I have.

Last edited by jamesm007; 03-06-2013 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Add Photo
03-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #10

Have you tried using your mobile phone camera to check if it s working?

Method: turn on mobile phone camera, aim remote at camera and operate remote while watching camera display, if remote is working you should see the led flash on the screen, You can use this method to check the operation of any remote that uses a LED type "signal". Was shown this by an airconditing tech who was trouble shooting a newly installed system that had problems. No flash = No signal.
03-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little al Quote
Have you tried using your mobile phone camera to check if it s working?

Method: turn on mobile phone camera, aim remote at camera and operate remote while watching camera display, if remote is working you should see the led flash on the screen, You can use this method to check the operation of any remote that uses a LED type "signal". Was shown this by an airconditing tech who was trouble shooting a newly installed system that had problems. No flash = No signal.
Can this be done with a blackberry PlayBook? My kids seem to be the lucky ones as far as owning a phone and they are gone for a couple of days.

Thanks for the tip!

Randy
03-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jamesm007 Quote
I took mine apart to see the battery number its a 3v lithium renata CR 1620 (Swiss Made). If your first battery was wrong then the rest will be. I can't see the second to last number on your battery. But that's all I have.
Thanks for showing me this assembly as I at least know I have all the parts

Randy
03-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
Can this be done with a blackberry PlayBook? My kids seem to be the lucky ones as far as owning a phone and they are gone for a couple of days.

Thanks for the tip!

Randy
I would think so, Just tried it with an old digital camera, and it worked, so I guess any camera/phone or other device where you look at a screen rather than a view finder.