Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #1

Optio S Questions

I broke the LCD monitor on my Optio S. I can still take pictures, but I can't see any menus (or anything else) on the monitor. This happened some time (2-3 years) ago, but just this week I figured out that I could use the self-timer if I pushed the 4-way controller button up six times.

Then I figured out that I could control the flash by the number of times I pushed it. I figured this out by finally looking at the manual, which I have.

Next, I thought I was pretty clever and decided I could set the date. Wrong.

In my attempts to blindly set the date, I ended up setting the camera to chime every time it takes a picture. The pics still seem OK, but I would like to know what I did (what setting I made,) to make it chime. I'm pretty sure this was done when I was on the Set-Up menu, but don't really know where I was.

Question 1: What setting do I now have that is making it chime with every snap of the shutter, and how can I remove it?

Question 2: Is there anywhere I can get a replacement LCD monitor for the Optio S? The serial number is 5809291.

Question 3: Can anyone tell me where I can find images of EXACTLY WHAT THE OPTIO S SCREENS LOOK LIKE so I can visualize them without being able to see them?

Question 4: Can anyone tell me the exact sequence of buttons to push to set the date without looking at the monitor?

Thanks for any help.

03-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
if you really like the camera and don't want to buy a new camera, why not search ebay or similar for a used one. Should be able to get one for $25 or less, I reckon.