Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2013, 03:05 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Good to hear; thanks for the great feedback!
No worries Helen. My next (camera or lens) purchase will most likely be Adorama. Great service!
Kind regards,
Mark

03-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #17
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
No worries Helen. My next (camera or lens) purchase will most likely be Adorama. Great service!
Kind regards,
Mark
03-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Loved Adorama service so far and never had problems with them.
As of now am thinking of buying another camera from them (Adorama).
With the other big companies, I had problems before and they even warned me against saying something to them..very BAD customer service instead of apologizing and making everything right.
I will NEVER buy from them again.
Adorama customer is service is A+!
I highly recommend buying from them.
03-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #19
Veteran Member

..now if I can only get the white K-01 with 40mm kit for the price of the black K-01 with similar kit from them, then I would really be a happy camper! =)

03-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
buying from adorama?
No personal experience, but I'm sure they're sound, lots of praise on here from members of the forum.
03-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've always had problem-free results from Adorama on all the orders.

I've emailed Helen a couple times, and was always helped - even if they could not round up a 106mm lens cap or whatever it was I lost (and later found).

They phoned me (with Helen's prodding, no doubt, after I emailed her during her vacation) to price-match the last Sigma 30 they had, even though the other guys were out of stock.

I even like them enough to tell them the wording in the 645D ad was backward. With my token of appreciation received, I need only $8989 more to get one...

Most "problems" have a reasonable explanation, and many can be remedied with a phone call, sparing the moaning. In my years in the CS business, I've learned that lots of times it is someone else's fault
03-15-2013, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The camera arrived and all is good. It seemed packed fine. Box wasn't crushed (it would be surprising if it was as apparently they are 6 hours away so it didn't take a long shipping trip).

03-17-2013, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

That is good to hear ripit!
I just pulled the trigger and bought a K-01 today from Adorama.
I'm sure they will take care of me as before.
Only the white is available with the 40mm kit lens and I couldn't wait until the prices went down again so I just decided to buy it!
I just saw an auction for this "used" and was kinda surprised since it is without a warranty and it still sold for $380, which seemed ridiculous (to me) since you can buy this now for $379 "brand new'!
This auction is what made me decide to buy it now, so I placed an order to Adorama.. =)
Will be anxiously waiting for my new toy which is about time since I have held on to my trusty K100D Super for years now!
03-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
That is good to hear ripit!
I just pulled the trigger and bought a K-01 today from Adorama.
I'm sure they will take care of me as before.
Only the white is available with the 40mm kit lens and I couldn't wait until the prices went down again so I just decided to buy it!
I just saw an auction for this "used" and was kinda surprised since it is without a warranty and it still sold for $380, which seemed ridiculous (to me) since you can buy this now for $379 "brand new'!
This auction is what made me decide to buy it now, so I placed an order to Adorama.. =)
Will be anxiously waiting for my new toy which is about time since I have held on to my trusty K100D Super for years now!
It was probably smart not waiting. I suspect they are likely to go out of stock before they go down much. I also suspect ebay sellers are buying them up. The 40mm lens out of the kit is selling for $160+ on ebay (there was one seller that sold 9 for $199.99 bin specifically stated as being pulled from a k-01 kit).

When you look at it, you got a $250 lens and the camera cost $130 even if you go off the lowest selling price on ebay for ones pulled from the kit (about $160), you paid $220 for a camera that was originally 3+ times that.
03-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
It was probably smart not waiting. I suspect they are likely to go out of stock before they go down much. I also suspect ebay sellers are buying them up. The 40mm lens out of the kit is selling for $160+ on ebay (there was one seller that sold 9 for $199.99 bin specifically stated as being pulled from a k-01 kit).

When you look at it, you got a $250 lens and the camera cost $130 even if you go off the lowest selling price on ebay for ones pulled from the kit (about $160), you paid $220 for a camera that was originally 3+ times that.
I wish that I had the courage to do the same but I am not really that kind of a businessman.
Business is like gambling, you win big or you also lose big.
I was almost tempted to buy a yellow one off Flea-bay with a DA 35mm that was going for cheap and was thinking of keeping the lens then selling the K-01..but alas, as I said, I just don't have the gall to do it and make a big profit.
03-19-2013, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #26

I bought from Adorama many times when I lived in America. Never once did I have any problems and they always seems quick and things were well packaged.
03-19-2013, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #27

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Living in Japan, I have ordered through Adorama many times and always had excellent delivery service, nothing ever damaged. Like them so much, I became an affiliate !
03-24-2013, 01:36 AM   #28

Loved Adorama service so far and never had problems with them.

Adorama customer is service is A+!
I highly recommend buying from them.
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I've always had problem-free results from Adorama on all the orders.

I've emailed Helen a couple times, and was always helped - even if they could not round up a 106mm lens cap or whatever it was I lost (and later found).

Most "problems" have a reasonable explanation, and many can be remedied with a phone call, sparing the moaning. In my years in the CS business, I've learned that lots of times it is someone else's fault

Thank you! .... and the best place for Pentax Forum members to start with any query or concern regarding an order from Adorama, is always right here: Helen@adorama.com
03-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Thanks Helen, my K-01 finally arrived and have no complaints.
Am playing with it for the meantime.
Thanks again for the great customer service.. =)
03-31-2013, 01:13 AM   #30

Thanks Helen, my K-01 finally arrived and have no complaints.
Am playing with it for the meantime.
Thanks again for the great customer service.. =)
Delighted to hear it - and thank YOU for taking your time to leave the very welcome feedback