Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

buying from adorama?

I gather from searching that they are considered reputable. I did have a few questions though. Has anyone ordered from them and had an order canceled, or is their online inventory real time? I want a k-01 (b&h is out of the black 40mm kit), but I'm worried I'll get tied up with an order there, it will get canceled and other options may no monger be there at b&h.

03-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If they show it is in stock you will get an immediate confirmation number when you order. There shouldn't be any problem unless you are literally confirmed for the absolute last one in stock and there was a miscount. Adorama is completely reputable.and they have a presence here.

Helen Oster is the relationship manage to PF - she is a member.
03-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I just realized they show 11 in stock from adorama's amazon store (not sure that is real time either) but I guess they have a few. I'm going to pull the trigger now then.

Does anyone know where the affiliate link is? I just had it but lost it.
03-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Never mind, found it.

03-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
hcc
Pentaxian

Adorama (and B&H) is highly reputed. I bought from them many times and I would do it again. More general many PF members will confirm.
03-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
I gather from searching that they are considered reputable. I did have a few questions though. Has anyone ordered from them and had an order canceled, or is their online inventory real time? I want a k-01 (b&h is out of the black 40mm kit), but I'm worried I'll get tied up with an order there, it will get canceled and other options may no monger be there at b&h.
Let me know if you need any help: Helen@adorama.com
03-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
It's very accurate from my experience. Haven't ever had any issues with either store.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's very accurate from my experience. Haven't ever had any issues with either store.
Thanks. I ordered the black 40mm kit last night.
03-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bought a K5 from Adorama a couple of weeks ago. Had it in my hand in 3 days with the free shipping. Awesome service!!
03-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
mee
Veteran Member

I went through a week long ordeal with them last week to simply price match 20 dollars difference. That is, it took them a week to perform the price match and ship the K-30. Will not be buying cameras and other expensive items from them for awhile. The adorama box it (actually a K-30) arrived in looked like it was sat on and kicked a few times. Even the Pentax box had small indentions on it. Adorama also only padded one side extremely well with that air cushion packaging, but kept the other side of the Pentax box against the adorama box... no cushioning!!

Thankfully it all works. But in the future I'll be sticking with B&H unless Adorama has a blowout sale on an item for considerably less than anyone else.
03-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Just to add to what everyone else is reporting, I have purchased from Adorama many times and always been completely satified. They are very customer oriented and the few times I have needed to make a return it was quite painless. A+ recommendation.
03-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just received a Pentax K-01 w 40mm lens from them. And I've bought from them before. Never any problems with my purchases, shipping or the products sold. I'm a happy customer of Adorama.

I really wasn't looking to expand my Pentax holdings but the idea of getting a K-5 sensor for that low price couldn't be resisted this time. The shipping box was beat up, but that isn't Adorama's fault. That's all on UPS (ugh, don't get me started there).
03-10-2013, 01:09 AM - 1 Like   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I went through a week long ordeal with them last week to simply price match 20 dollars difference. That is, it took them a week to perform the price match and ship the K-30. Will not be buying cameras and other expensive items from them for awhile. The adorama box it (actually a K-30) arrived in looked like it was sat on and kicked a few times. Even the Pentax box had small indentions on it. Adorama also only padded one side extremely well with that air cushion packaging, but kept the other side of the Pentax box against the adorama box... no cushioning!!

Thankfully it all works. But in the future I'll be sticking with B&H unless Adorama has a blowout sale on an item for considerably less than anyone else.
Extremely concerned to see this - I wish you'd had my contact details as it would for sure have been a different story with regard to the price-matching....

re: the packaging; exterior damage to a package is almost invariably down to the tender loving care of the UPS delivery driver.........however, I'd welcome the opportunity to take this up with the Distribution Center as it sounds as though our packaging protocol was not followed. Can you please email me directly with a couple of pictures of both the Adorama box and the manufacturer box - and if you can recreate how the unit looked in the box and take a picture, that would be helpful.

The industry standard is to put the item in the box to one corner and then fill the void with dunnage whether it be peanuts, pillows, foam, or paper. We train our staff to blanket the bottom and the sides of the box and then place the item in the middle and then fold over the pillows and add more to fill the box where needed. (The only thing we don’t add any pillows to are items that ship in the vendor box, and soft goods - t-shirts, backpacks, hats, etc). So it could be that this was down to a new packer.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this caused, and I look forward to hearing from you: Helen'adorama.com
03-10-2013, 03:09 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adorama experiences

Hi
I bought my K-5 from Adorama. Packaging was good, with Pentax box having been wrapped in a kind of air-cushion plastic wrap, inside a larger box.
6 days, from Adorama to me, and three of the six days the package was being shifted around New Zealand from one delivery centre to the next. (We live in rural New Zealand)
Last week, I complained about an aftermarket spare battery for the K-5, which is invisible to the K-5 if fully charged, but the camera sees it if it's not fully charged.
Adorama immediately refunded my money and told me to keep the defective batery.
So, great staff, great service, well beyond what's required.
I can absolutely recommend Adorama for your next Pentax purchase. They're simply fantastic!
Kind regards,
Mark
03-10-2013, 04:06 AM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Hi
I bought my K-5 from Adorama. Packaging was good, with Pentax box having been wrapped in a kind of air-cushion plastic wrap, inside a larger box.
6 days, from Adorama to me, and three of the six days the package was being shifted around New Zealand from one delivery centre to the next. (We live in rural New Zealand)
Last week, I complained about an aftermarket spare battery for the K-5, which is invisible to the K-5 if fully charged, but the camera sees it if it's not fully charged.
Adorama immediately refunded my money and told me to keep the defective batery.
So, great staff, great service, well beyond what's required.
I can absolutely recommend Adorama for your next Pentax purchase. They're simply fantastic!
Kind regards,
Mark
Good to hear; thanks for the great feedback!