Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #1

Super Program 35mm not working

Hello this is my first time posting on here. I am young and really getting into analog photography. I have been playing a lot with a polaroid 103 and 104 but now to something better. My mother gave me a Pentax Super Program a few years ago and its just been sitting in a closet ever since. I finally pulled it out and put some new batteries in it. There was no corrosion and everything looked good. Now, I can hear the shutter release but the LCD will not display anything, the shutter will not actually open, and B mode will not work. Please dont tell me the camera is toast. My mother would be heart broken because she used it for years and years before she gave it to me. Any help would be awesome!

03-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would contact Eric...

Welcome to the World of Camera Repair

QuoteQuote:
Your experience here will be gratifying and pleasant not to mention painless. If you have an old Spotmatic tucked away, or given to you; even received from an inheritance, send it to me for a free estimate. I will let you know the status and what it needs. Maybe just an adjustment. Take a look around and thanks for stopping by. God Bless.
03-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
who is eric and how do i contact him? Thanks for the reply!
03-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #4

Original Poster
nevermind, i just saw the link, thank you again.

03-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by semiflat1 Quote
nevermind, i just saw the link, thank you again.
FWIW I received just yesterday my repaired and CLA'ed SUPERProgram from the Eric Hendrickson referenced above. Of course I haven't had the chance to expose and develop a roll of film yet but everything I can test on the camera otherwise operates as it should.

Your camera is about 30 years old and everything that old requires service eventually. That's just the way things are. I wouldn't panic just yet Here's some basic information about your camera. Here's a link to a very nice .pdf of the manual if your mother lost it (The password is Pentax). Super A and SUPER Program are the same camera, just a name change for different markets.

Over the years I've had many film cameras serviced by Eric and I've never had even a hint of a problem - and the price is really fair!! Mine including the minor repair was less than $70.
03-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #6

Original Poster
I just sent him an email. I just really want to make sure it's not something simple befor I do that. It's just one of those wierd things. It worked when I put it in there. Then I pull it out and get a face full of disappointment. But looking through his site he really seems to be good. Thank you guys for recommending him
03-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just want to be sure you are aware -

FYI the bold part. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. In addition to repairing (if in fact anything is even broken) Eric will Clean, Lubricate and Adjust your camera to factory spec's. Sometimes a condition such as yours is just sticky lubrication in the moving parts, so a "CLA" is enough - and when he's finished you're good for another 20 years.

"Estimating Procedure

When I receive your equipment, I will look it over, enter it into the computer system with your name and address and the type of equipment and then describe in detail what I have to do to bring it back to good working order. I will also list the parts necessary for the repair.

After doing all the paperwork I will either email you or send a hard copy of the estimate to you. Once the estimate is paid for I will complete the repair and ship it back either by USPS or UPS. After payment has been received it should only take three or four days for it to be ready to be shipped back.

If the unit is not repairable or if you refused the estimate I will return it at no cost to you. My estimates are free.

I do not charge a lot for repairs. For example, a Pentax Spotmatic, my charge is 63.00 dollars. This includes shipping and minor parts like light seals, counter cap, leatherettes, springs, etc. The K1000’s and ME Super's are the same price.

I do not take credit cards, however, I do accept paypal"

Last edited by monochrome; 03-10-2013 at 10:07 AM.