Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two issues with my Pentax SF 1.

I have just received a Pentax SF1. I have two issues.

#1. I am unable to get this unit to load film. I have made sure that I was loading according to the instruction manual. One problem is that the plastic, sprocketed spool to the right of the guide rails is frozen. It will not pull the film into the take-up reel.

#2. The mirror that should be visible when the body cap is removed, is stuck in the up position.
This unit appears to be new, or it has been very well cared for.

Please help.

Thank you,

Tony

03-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Obvious question, do you have fresh battery?
03-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Two issues with my Pentax SF1.

Yes, I used a brand new Duracell 2CR5 battery, good until 2022. Also, the Duracell battery seemed strong enough to allow the motor to pull the film across the guide rails. The film is loaded, however in the LCD Screen it tells me that the film is not loaded properly by displaying a flashing zero.

The second problem still exists. The mirror remains in the up position. There is no adhesive leak from the mirror damper. It seems to be in very good shape. Also, the back support for the mirror folds and unfolds just as it should.

I am thinking perhaps this is coming down to a faulty shutter issue.

Thanks for the suggestions, I do hope this will be an easy fix.

Tony