Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #1

Ultra SD Card

Hi I am new to the forum and have a question.
I purchased a new Sandisk Ultra (class 10) 8GB memory card for my Pentax K20D I used it for the first time yesterday took a heap of photos, viewed them on the camera playback, took more photos went to view the again and the camera said there was no image, all the photos I too seemed to have disappeared, they are not there either when I try to view them on the computer.
Is the class 10 SD cards compatible with the Pentax K20D? And is there anyway to maybe try and recover the images I took yesterday?
TIA
Tracy

03-17-2013, 09:37 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
First thing to do is to make sure you stop using the card. Don't try and take any more photos - they may overwrite your existing 'lost' photos.

You will need to say whether you use mac or pc, so someone can recommend a recovery program for you.
03-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #3

Original Poster
I use a Mac Thanks
03-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Unfortunately Sandisk are the no.1 target for counterfeiting of memory cards. You may have a bought a snide one. If not, Sandisk offer a life-time replacement warranty. Either way, get in touch with Sandisk.

Also, after you've tried recovery software to get the images back, format it in-camera.

03-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

When you look on the computer, you should see the folder DCIM which is the folder where the camera saves images. If there was no DCIM folder then probably that you did not format the card in the camera or you got a counterfeit card from China.
03-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #6

Original Poster
There is the DCIM folder and inside that is the folder with the date but just no images
I am looking for some recovery software to use
03-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TracyL Quote
There is the DCIM folder and inside that is the folder with the date but just no images
I am looking for some recovery software to use
Make sure you have Ver. 1.04 firmware. It was for improved stability with SDHC memory cards. It can be had here. Latest K20D Firmware Update : Software Downloads | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

Good Luck.

03-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
SanDisk RescuePROŽ and RescuePROŽ Deluxe | LC Technology International, Inc. Mac Products

Sandisk used to make 'rescue pro'. It's now made by lc-tech.
When you buy a sandisk extreme card, you can download it for one year of use. So may be worth just buying an extreme card to get the software for 'free'.