Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
First Pics From Pentax ME

Hi, i'd like to share my very first 35mm pics
i shot with Pentax ME, SMC M 50/1.4, Fuji Superia 200, and Scan in Fuji Service (Low Scan), and i resize it (and Crop)

I really like the green from superia, id like some comment with this pics especially from Analog Forum Member.

03-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I think the real question should be, are you happy with them too.

Need to watch the focusing, because it could be a tad sharper and the dust (white spots) when printing.
03-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I think the real question should be, are you happy with them too.

Need to watch the focusing, because it could be a tad sharper and the dust (white spots) when printing.
Thanks kerrowdown,
When first looking at the picture i was think that i glad not to buy some Lomo
Thats true i got a few problem with manual focus especially in low light. i usually get better AF focus in my ef 50/1.8II.
The Pentax ME was really joy to use That i dont think about shutter speed, this one actually on 1/15 or 1/30 i forget.
And the dust too, maybe next time id like to fine better place to process and scan.
And the film is too standard too (id like to try astia, velvia, etc) next time.
03-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
wax
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Putu Quote
Hi, i'd like to share my very first 35mm pics
i shot with Pentax ME, SMC M 50/1.4, Fuji Superia 200, and Scan in Fuji Service (Low Scan), and i resize it (and Crop)

I really like the green from superia, id like some comment with this pics especially from Analog Forum Member.
Some one could tell you that your ME has front focuse issue.

Last edited by wax; 03-18-2013 at 02:10 PM.
03-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I miss my old Pentax ME. It was my first "real" SLR camera (I owned an Olympus OLYMPUS IS-3 DLX in the early 90s before getting a used ME). Simple, but built like a tank.

I like the color and grain in the shot you posted. I agree the focus looks a bit off but it's not bad.
03-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wax Quote
Some one could tell you that your ME has front focuse issue.
Someone has, thanks wax
03-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JJJPhoto Quote
I miss my old Pentax ME. It was my first "real" SLR camera (I owned an Olympus OLYMPUS IS-3 DLX in the early 90s before getting a used ME). Simple, but built like a tank.

I like the color and grain in the shot you posted. I agree the focus looks a bit off but it's not bad.
I agree, and i love my ME shape Better than my K-1000, the color and grain is the only reason i consider to try some film camera (and i tought to try some medium format film); i'm not sure about the focus, maybe it due to limited depth of field, my 50/1.4 focus mechanism, maybe i should use lower apperture or something.
anyway thanks JJJPhoto.