Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #1

flash photos are darker than normal on my k10d

the flash photos taken on my k10d appear darker and have a bluer hue than normal.its as if the flash power has diminished.cant find anything in manual.might i have inadvertently disbled it somehow?help

03-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you enabled exposure or flash compensation at all? This could cause the flash to fire at a lower power setting. It could also be that the flash simply isn't powerful enough for what you were shooting. Could you attach some samples with EXIF intact?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #3

Original Poster
flash photo too dark

Hi Adam.Yes the problem seems to be that i inadvertently enabled the flash compensation.what is the default setting for this in the fn menu?.Best regards.
03-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by celtic Quote
Hi Adam.Yes the problem seems to be that i inadvertently enabled the flash compensation.what is the default setting for this in the fn menu?.Best regards.
It should be set to 0.0. I don't remember what buttons you need to press on the K10 to change it, but on the k-5 you simply go to the flash menu and then turn the rear e-dial.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
It's a bugger when you've inadvertently changed a setting without realising it and we've all been there.

Hopefully that's you sorted now.
03-21-2013, 03:23 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by celtic Quote
Hi Adam.I have reset the flash compensation to 0.0 as suggested but this appears to have had no effect.I have also attached a flashgun to the camera but still my photos appear darker than normal.The exposure compensation is also disabled.Any thoughts?.best regards,Celtic
03-21-2013, 05:01 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For the colours, check your white balance setting.

For the exposure, are you trying to light a room that's too large? If you're using the built-in flash, it's not very powerful. If you're using an external flash, verify where you are directing the light.

03-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #8

Unless you've reprogrammed it the green button will always set exposure compensation to 0.0 (default) when you are in the EC setting modes.

There is an option to set color balance to flash whenever the flash is activated. This is another setting that can affect flash photos.