Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #16

I have to agree with what others have posted. Wide angle is good. The wider the close you will be able to get and cut out any bystanders. Very crowded car shows make for difficult shots. If you can't get in with press, then you will have to do your best.

I use my Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and find it very good. The kit lens focal length should be good and give you decent photos. I am looking to get a 15 ltd in future since I shots cars fairly often. See example with my tamron below:

Note: I was able to gain access to this event with no bystanders. Much easier experience this way.

04-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
Depends on what kind of pictures you are interested in.
I would not go for a wide angle since it affects the perspective of a car too much. I think 28mm is the widest acceptable and at the same time the best FL by my taste for such events.
Keeping in mind you are visiting outdoor events 18-55 kit should do the job.

It is not a best idea to bring prime lens to such an event, but I must say I had a lot of fun with my 35mm f2.4 at some car-event last year. It makes you to think more, not just point and shot everything around
You can see few samples here: 45. Int. Osnabrücker ADAC Bergrennen 2012 - a set on Flickr