Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #1

matched multifier

I have a vivitar 75-205 matched multifier 2x. Will only 75-205mm mr lens work? it does go on camera sf1n fine and my lenses fit . Will it take good pictures? Novice

03-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's calculated to work well optically only with the Vivitar 75-205 (and any 2x multiplier/teleconverter is going to degrade the image quality somewhat). It might be decent with other lenses with that range, but perhaps not. If you are indeed shooting film (as your camera suggests), I wouldn't waste the money in film and development trying it with other lenses, but if you have a Pentax DSLR, why not try.
03-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
They tend to get used only as a last resort, when you need a little extra reach, but really as a last resort.
03-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
It's calculated to work well optically only with the Vivitar 75-205 (and any 2x multiplier/teleconverter is going to degrade the image quality somewhat). It might be decent with other lenses with that range, but perhaps not. If you are indeed shooting film (as your camera suggests), I wouldn't waste the money in film and development trying it with other lenses, but if you have a Pentax DSLR, why not try.
Thanks

03-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #5

Original Poster
found a 75-205

I purchased a used Vivitar 75-205mm mc macro focusing zoom lens for Pentax k cameras. I t should be properly matched.
I do not know what mc means.
I understand the gentleman before as a last resort. I am a hunter, and if I need the reach a may be nice to see if it could accomplish that extra reach on a eagle,large buck deer,beautiful wood duck, ect.
03-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
QuoteOriginally posted by chefjohn Quote
I purchased a used Vivitar 75-205mm mc macro focusing zoom lens for Pentax k cameras. I t should be properly matched.
I do not know what mc means.
I understand the gentleman before as a last resort. I am a hunter, and if I need the reach a may be nice to see if it could accomplish that extra reach on a eagle,large buck deer,beautiful wood duck, ect.
I have found with most digital cameras the reduction in image quality caused by all but a manufacturer supplied matched set (and these tend to be quite expensive) of lens and teleconverter is often worse than if you had just cropped the image recorded by the main lens alone. And if that is the case, why would I want to haul around the extra weight?

MC typically means 'multi-coated' when included in the name of a lens.
03-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I have found with most digital cameras the reduction in image quality caused by all but a manufacturer supplied matched set (and these tend to be quite expensive) of lens and teleconverter is often worse than if you had just cropped the image recorded by the main lens alone. And if that is the case, why would I want to haul around the extra weight?

MC typically means 'multi-coated' when included in the name of a lens.
I do get obsisive. I will stop with this one. To geather with shipping on booth i do have about 60.00. Especially with comments it was probably not needed in the first place. Was Playing a little