Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #1

K10D vs Sonic Lens

Hi all,

I am new to the forum so would first like to introduce my self. I Ronnie from the UK and live in the OXfordshire area.

I was wondering if someone would be able to advice me on a fault I currently have with my Pentax K10D.

Last year I purchased two sigma lenses, the 24-70mm 1:2.8 DG HSM and the 70-200mm 1:2.8 APO DG HSM. I downloaded the latest firmware for my K10D and both lenses worked without any issues. Both were very quick to auto focus and I was more than happy with the performance.

Today I got my camera out to take a few shots indoors at home and found that neither of the lenses would Auto Focus. This was indicated by no actual focus movement but also the MF signal in the viewfinder. I then tried my Sigma 10-20mm 1:4-5.6 DC which isn't a sonic lens and it worked fine being driven by the camera motor. I carried out a few idiot checks, check that AF was selected on the camera and on the lens, checked that the battery was suitably charged. This provided no change to the situation so I check the firmware on the camera and downloaded the latest 1.31 and reloaded this onto the camera. Again no change to the signs.

If anyone has experienced this or could point me in the correct direction that would be great.

Cheers Ronnie

03-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Have you tried cleaning the SDM contacts?
03-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi, thanks for the reply. No I haven"t cleaned them. What is the best way to clean them?

Cheers Richard