Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Please need help - camera ed up (K100D Super)

Hello Pentax community
I'd even say hello and introduce yourself.
'm New here and sorry to be equivalent to a problem.
Since I have not found any technique corner, I found it here in short pure.

Possession for almost 3 years one k100d super and I'm fully satisfied with it. until 4 weeks
I borrowed my cam my brother and I know he has done so. I can not explain it simply does not have already searched all day on the net to this problem, but the search was in vain.
now I want to try to talk someone might know such a similar problem and at least one halogen where I can keep myself, I am with my knowledge at the end
The problem is:

First The Betriebsartmodi the camera are totally wrong-headed
Be P, Tv, Av, M, B, when I adjusting, set to SCN, AutoPict or Macro mode. Do not adjust the aperture or shutter speed is possible. White balance is only on AWB, no adjustment possible.
Second The flash is in any mode more
Third In the menu color dynamics, saturation, sharpness, contrast, and AF mode are grayed out, so I can adjust no matter in which mode, nothing more.
4th The Flash Off mode adjusts to landscape mode ... etc., etc.

I've already taken out the batteries 24 to reset the cam, no success
Got it already with the Russians software tries to get into the debug mode. Try a lot. No success
've Had the camera open, so I thought the AF coupling is broken. Negative.

Pentax hätl with information back very well and I think she should send. I want to make the repairs, but not because I think that this is just a software problem and solved itself.

Has anyone in the forum ever had such a case or heard of something like that.
I would be grateful for any help.
I am desperate.

sorry for my english. i am from germany and the text translated by google-translator.

Best Regards

03-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi alsmo80
You can post your question in German here:
Deutsch - PentaxForums.com
03-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I've not heard of this sort of thing before, please keep us updated as to how you get on, so others may benefit from your experiences.
03-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alsmo80 Quote
Hello Pentax community
I'd even say hello and introduce yourself.
'm New here and sorry to be equivalent to a problem.
Since I have not found any technique corner, I found it here in short pure.

Possession for almost 3 years one k100d super and I'm fully satisfied with it. until 4 weeks
I borrowed my cam my brother and I know he has done so. I can not explain it simply does not have already searched all day on the net to this problem, but the search was in vain.
now I want to try to talk someone might know such a similar problem and at least one halogen where I can keep myself, I am with my knowledge at the end
The problem is:

First The Betriebsartmodi the camera are totally wrong-headed
Be P, Tv, Av, M, B, when I adjusting, set to SCN, AutoPict or Macro mode. Do not adjust the aperture or shutter speed is possible. White balance is only on AWB, no adjustment possible.
Second The flash is in any mode more
Third In the menu color dynamics, saturation, sharpness, contrast, and AF mode are grayed out, so I can adjust no matter in which mode, nothing more.
4th The Flash Off mode adjusts to landscape mode ... etc., etc.

I've already taken out the batteries 24 to reset the cam, no success
Got it already with the Russians software tries to get into the debug mode. Try a lot. No success
've Had the camera open, so I thought the AF coupling is broken. Negative.

Pentax hätl with information back very well and I think she should send. I want to make the repairs, but not because I think that this is just a software problem and solved itself.

Has anyone in the forum ever had such a case or heard of something like that.
I would be grateful for any help.
I am desperate.

sorry for my english. i am from germany and the text translated by google-translator.

Best Regards
I've also experienced strange behavior with my K100DS. After cleaning the battery contacts (using a pencil eraser), everything returned to normal. I don't know if this will solve your problem, but it may be worth a try. Good luck!

03-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magmotif Quote
I've also experienced strange behavior with my K100DS. After cleaning the battery contacts (using a pencil eraser), everything returned to normal. I don't know if this will solve your problem, but it may be worth a try. Good luck!
Interesting. That suggests that the K100DS is very sensitive to exact voltage supplied by batteries.

Although I have not had any dramatic problems, I also became suspicious of extreme sensitivity to battery voltage, possibly made more obvious by internal resistance of the batteries (reducing voltage under heavy load) and resulting in half battery indication after long intense use (such as copying images through the cable - I never do this any more).

The result is that I notice that my NiMH batteries seem to have a short life (maybe 20-25 cycles). Cheaper than alkaline or one shot lithium (manual says not compatible with rechargeable lithium). This suggests a hardware design flaw that is too sensitive to component tolerances.

I recently bought a couple of sets of Eneloop, when I found a shop here that stocks them. I have only put them through a couple of cycles each, so too soon to tell if they ae the solution.
03-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you all for your fast and i hope so helpfull answers, i will try your eraser solution, sounds good, and i have not tried it yet.

i disassemble the hole camera(found a technican manual on the web) and cleaned the contacts on the presets wheel, and other locations, no luck.

i use high capacity "müller" 3000 mAh nimh akku´s / 1.2volts . and tried many other akkus before. no change. hmmff

i will inform you about success or else i must send my cam to the professional repair service. 50€ for quotation

nice easter holidays to all
03-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alsmo80 Quote

nice easter holidays to all
I wish you well for the Easter holiday. It is now nearly the enod of Good Friday here.

03-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
trying at least 5 hours to fix it... now i am trying to understand the Welcome to Pentax Hack and generate some reports, maybe i find some errors.

its like the needle in the haystack(s) ... hmmmpf

@tim60 - still friday, 4 days left to find it ^^