Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #1

Strange behaviour - x5

Why is my x5 taking a picture without me pressing the shutter button. It is on automatic and when i went to take a photo of a birthday cake it kept taking the picture without me pressing the shutter button BUT then when i went to take a pic of other things it didn'nt do it???? until i went back to take another pic of the same cake again??????? Very strange. Anyone know the answer to this one please? Thanks

03-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the drive mode set to single shot? If you've enabled the self timer or if you're using bracketing or burst shooting, something like this could potentially happen. Another possibility is that interval shooting is on, but I'm not sure if the X5 even has that feature.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is the drive mode set to single shot? If you've enabled the self timer or if you're using bracketing or burst shooting, something like this could potentially happen. Another possibility is that interval shooting is on, but I'm not sure if the X5 even has that feature.
Are the pictures differently exposed?
You're probably using auto exposure bracketing.