Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax p3/30 service manual?

Hello guys, i finally got a very nice deal on a p3, that was my first camera (well... a p30 actually, but it's the same, just USA instead of rest of the world..)
but the curtain is like, fixed in a certain speed.

i open the film door and take off the lens, i expose it towards the light and i can see the light for a moment, and that moment is the same in whatever speed i set, even in bulb mode the curtain doesn't hold... so, as i hack and techie i am, i would like to try and fix this camera... if anyone can help out with sugestions...

i talked about a service manual, because i've used cervice manuals to fix crt televisions and diassemble laptops.. i have no idea if such manual is avaiable for the p3/30, but it doesn't hurt ask

happy clicks everyone!

03-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #2

Original Poster
http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manuals/service/p30_service.pdf

!!!! Password Pentax

But now im scared as i have emotional attachment to this camera model.. hahah what fool! any ego-boosting tips would be welcome
03-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #3

Original Poster
ok, so i finaly got the courage and found out what my problem is, the shuttter delivers the fastest speed only, according to the service manual, the shutter magnet is firty and i need to test if the shutter stays open if i short the brown wire.. the thing is, the service manual doesnt tell you how to diassemble the camera....

so, this is more of a repair log than anything else.... so i'll keep doing it like this instead of post after post because it seems bad ethics..

3.55:
I managed to open the camera and now have access to the circuitrty.
the service manual says if the shutter delivers the fastest speed, that i should short the brown wire with the ground, according to the manual it's the black wire, i did that and it still delivers the 1/1000 speed ( i check with the working p50 and it's the same speed when set to 1000)
i'll look further into this, in the manual says i have to clean or "close" the shutter magnet, i never heard of such thing, but i can't give up now as this beauty needs to work by tomorow, as i want to expose a whole film and develop it here at home using my special recipe for cafenol-c

Last edited by Akarak; 03-28-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: update...
03-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #4

Original Poster
5:51 well, i've menaged to ruin th eself timer while cleaning the camera, couldn't find the "magnet" anywhere, the camera now is locked at the fastest shut speed... goddamn eletronic cameras.. right now, i wish this wasn't my first camera.

03-29-2013, 02:09 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Have you tried this link?

Pentax Manuals