Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-29-2013, 07:10 AM - 1 Like   #1
Inactive Account

Ist DS + K3 Screen

So the K3 screen arrived today for my state of the arc DS. Installation took all of about 2 minutes - spent more time finding a pair of rubber gloves! The gloves turned out to be a very good idea as I was able to lock the frame into place with just my fingers. No scratches. I did not use any shims. If the lens is back or front focusing the margin of error is certainly within my ability to manually focus. Screen is very bright (almost too bright outdoors). Is it supposed to be this easy?

DS + K3 screen + Pentax viewfinder magnifier = a very usable manual focus camera

John

03-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You will most likely find the need to shim the screen after a while. That is when it gets hard to align the shims and the screen.
03-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It really was that easy for my *ist DS. I think my K-7 needs a shim, for some reason very common with the later cameras.
03-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
You will most likely find the need to shim the screen after a while. That is when it gets hard to align the shims and the screen.
Why would it need a shim in the future if it doesn't now?

John