Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #1

K-X and 3rd party lens - need help

I love my K-X and bought a Soligor 80-200mm 14.5 lens off eBay. I know this isn't the best maker for lens but it was a great price so I wanted to give it a shot. It will mount and I can see my object in the view finder. However, when trying to take the photograph the "F" is blinking so it will not take the photograph. Tried pressing the "Av" button on top to no avail on both Auto or Manual. Suggestions?

Patsy

03-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by YodaRules Quote
I love my K-X and bought a Soligor 80-200mm 14.5 lens off eBay. I know this isn't the best maker for lens but it was a great price so I wanted to give it a shot. It will mount and I can see my object in the view finder. However, when trying to take the photograph the "F" is blinking so it will not take the photograph. Tried pressing the "Av" button on top to no avail on both Auto or Manual. Suggestions?

Patsy
Follow this guide and you should be good to go:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #3

Original Poster
Adam -- Thank You!!

Follow your instructions and am not able to take photographs with my Soligor Zoom lens.

Thank you so much!!!

Patsy
03-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Something else you might want to do with this lens is to turn camera SR off. SR is configured for a certain focal length, and hence the zoom is not compatable with the SR except at 1 pre-set focal length.

I've had a Soligor 80-200/4.5 since old film days in '80's, but decided to play a bit with it recently on dslr. Not a bad lens at all if you can deal with the manual focus.