Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Forum Member

New Pentax warranty

I just bought a new K-5 IIs along with a 31mm FA and a 77mm FA using the factory lens rebate from Aadorama. I am new to the Pentax system and I was wondering how to register the factory warranty. I did not see or find any warranty cards in any of the boxes. Does Pentax do something different or do they just go off the original receipt?

The camera and lenses are Awesome! I cannot believe how great it is in low light! So worth it.

Thanks.

03-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MBike74 Quote
I just bought a new K-5 IIs along with a 31mm FA and a 77mm FA using the factory lens rebate from Aadorama. I am new to the Pentax system and I was wondering how to register the factory warranty. I did not see or find any warranty cards in any of the boxes. Does Pentax do something different or do they just go off the original receipt?

The camera and lenses are Awesome! I cannot believe how great it is in low light! So worth it.

Thanks.
You don't need to register, but be sure to keep the original receipt. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend adding the 2-year warranty extension for $19.95:

Pentax 2 Years Extended Warranty for K5 / K30 / K01 / K series DSLR 80227

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

I too would recommend picking up the 2 year extended warranty (for the body) at $20. If anything does happen, Pentax has their US warranty service center at CRIS (I10 and Chandler). Just drive over with your original receipt, the warranty card and drop the camera off. Also, there is a free cleaning and checkout included with the extended warranty.

03-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Congratulations! Very nice combination. Adam is spot on with his advice, best bargain from Pentax remains their 2 year extended warranty.

03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Do you actually need to buy that in the US, never knew that...
I knew that Apple where getting some fines because they prenteded you actually need to buy 2 year warranty even though it's required by law in the EU.

Is there an option to buy even more?
03-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the quick replys. I will for sure check out the 2-year extension.
03-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I knew that Apple where getting some fines because they prenteded you actually need to buy 2 year warranty even though it's required by law in the EU.

This was free with my K-7. Of course, the K-7s didn't have sensor stains or poorly glued lens release buttons so I haven't needed to use the warranty. I am trying to decide if I really need the free cleaning, 3 years is up in a month.
03-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote

I think the 2 year extended is added onto the one year that comes with the camera, so a total of three. I don't think we have in the US any required warranty period. I have heard Canada requires two years, and you say EU as well which is nice but here I think it is optional. So the 2 year extended is indeed an excellent investment, in the US.

03-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Thanks for the answers, learned something again.

Here you can even appeal when you buy a high grade product that it should even last longer.
Good example is the SDM of the DA* lenses, those are market as pro grade lenses so for them to brake after 3 year is redicolus of course