Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #46
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxnewbee Quote
First shoot with this stuff is next Sunday
Good done and dusted, let us know how you get on with this new kit.

04-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
AF280? Any reason for that flash, I don't think it's even compatable with the k5.
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxnewbee Quote
I've been reading that even though it's a pretty old lens everyone who has one LOVES it. I guess I need to double check if it's compatable but I've read that it was.
It has three main modes. The TTL mode is incompatible with the K-5. That is the most automatic mode - the camera needs a P-TTL flash for that. There are two manual power settings, full power and 1/12 power, which work fine. The flash has its own light sensor which cuts off power when it thinks the flash has lit the scene well enough. There are two settings for that. The sensor works but it has no integration with the camera, so it's only guessing about the scene. It doesn't know the lens focal length, ISO, aperture or camera modes and settings.
04-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #48
Forum Member

Original Poster
Well, the K5 arrived today and I put the Pentax grip and 18-135 lens on and it looks super sharp. Reading through the manual and playing with the buttons and settings. It seems pretty user friendly. First "official" shoot is Sunday and I'm hoping to have time to use it before then. Thank you everyone for your help!!