Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #1

Identification Please - ? Pk extension/adaptor

Hi all,

I have just taken proud ownership of an... i dunno what! A cheap Ebay special, so im not overly concerned I have screwed up and bought something thats of no use to me!

I though it was merely going to be a PK macro extension tube (approx 40mm - 1 3/4") , however, while one end does indeed fit my K-r, the other is a similar bayonet design but of larger diameter with a locating pin/slot in one of the blade sections.

Now I have hunted around google and here looking for what it could possibly be, and looking at rick_olesons list of images, the closest Ive come to it is the minolta type, with the notch in one of the blades, however this one has the cut out in the female part of the assemby? I assume again, to take the locking pin of whichever size lens it is.

Its markings are BA , Germany Penta. Thats it! I couldnt find any reference to the BA bit during my historical search!

Pictures below may help.

Two parts - the smaller ring (with label 'penta') is a double sided male and male blade , PK one side - fits the k-r, and the other side a smaller diameter version with a pin cut out on one blade- which fts correctly into the second main body of the adaptor (label germany BA)

Then at the other, and (I assume) lens end, is the larger than PK, 3 blade female socket with the pin cut out . (if PK main lens diameter, not including the width of the blades, is about 45mm, this one is 50mm.

And if that weren't enough, theres even an internal thread each end as well which i think may be M42!

Thoughts ladies and gentlemen please!

**EDIT** As soon as I posted this I had a senior moment brainwave! - Bellows Adaptor!!

So now Im thinking along those lines!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Last edited by Icey85; 04-04-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: more thoughts
04-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the other end is a Pentacon Six mount. I don't know how useful that is.
04-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #3

Changing lenses on the Pentacon Six
04-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #4

Original Poster
Gentlemen thankyou. I think you're right. Looks like I have a pentacon six extension tube with PK adaptor!

Many thanks all.

Last edited by Parallax; 04-04-2013 at 01:20 PM.
04-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Icey85 Quote
Looks like I have a pentacon six extension tube with PK adaptor!
I don't think the "extension tube" works as such. It may just compensate for the different register distance of PK and P6.

This is always needed if you want to use lenses built for medium format SLRs with APS-C or FF bodies.
I think most people use it to adapt the P6 Zeiss Biotar 2.8/80 of the Pentacon Six to Pentax bodies.

It should make a very nice portrait lens for studio work.

EDIT: I just see that the extension is too long to be a mere register compensation. Could it be a P6 extension PLUS an PK/P6 adaptor (2 items which can be used seperately?)

Last edited by RKKS08; 04-07-2013 at 05:23 PM.