Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #1

AF point selection in M Mode on K-7

Hi Guys,

I am using a K-7 and a 1000 year old manual focus lens with a M42 adapter. I want to select my own focus point. Currently its showing that point to be in the centre. How do I move that off-centre while maintaining my composition?

04-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think only the center point is active with adapted lenses.
04-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I think only the center point is active with adapted lenses.
I thought so though hope someone here on PF has found a way around that. We have some brilliant minds here on PF
Another question I forgot was if one can increase magnification in LiveView so that the subject can be seen nearer, and hence focused better.
04-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by voyager13 Quote
...Another question I forgot was if one can increase magnification in LiveView so that the subject can be seen nearer, and hence focused better.
Press the info button to magnify up to x10, then back to 1:1.

04-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Press the info button to magnify up to x10, then back to 1:1.
Thanks Dave, the LiveView did it Even with the manual lens! I thought it may not, due to it being manual, but it zooms in beautifully.
04-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by voyager13 Quote
Thanks Dave, the LiveView did it Even with the manual lens! I thought it may not, due to it being manual, but it zooms in beautifully.
When I looked at getting the K-7, live view was last on my list of interesting features. I assumed it was something they threw in for P&S users who had never seen a real viewfinder. It's a lot more useful than that. If I had to replace the K-7 I would not be happy without that feature and the 3" high-res screen.
04-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
When I looked at getting the K-7, live view was last on my list of interesting features. I assumed it was something they threw in for P&S users who had never seen a real viewfinder. It's a lot more useful than that. If I had to replace the K-7 I would not be happy without that feature and the 3" high-res screen.
Very true. It truly is a huge help in magnification of subjects doing close-ups/macro.