Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Pentax USA Service Question

Hello,
I am brand new here, mostly because I am giving very serious consideration to acquiring my first Medium Format Digital SLR, the 645D
In my other life I am a Nikon guy and have always made it a point to purchase USA products vs grey market products
I am looking at a very nice used 645D that is a Japan camera and wonder if I will have any problems getting it serviced by Pentax USA if there are any problems?
Thanks,
Bob

04-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe that they'll be happy to service it for you, for a price, of course. The whole grey market thing isn't a big deal when it comes to Pentax; the only caveat is that in order to receive free warranty repairs you do need a receipt from an authorized retailer. But it's not like they'll decline to fix your camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Adam,
Are Pentax warranties transferrable to a used camera buyer if the new buyer obtains the original receipt from an authorized retailer from the original owner?
Thanks,
Bob
04-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by uintaangler Quote
Adam,
Are Pentax warranties transferrable to a used camera buyer if the new buyer obtains the original receipt from an authorized retailer from the original owner?
Thanks,
Bob
Yes, as long as the purchase was made in the same country. I.e. you can't get US warranty on a 645D bought in Canada, but you could if it was bought in the US.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: