Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
MY DL did that a while back. Some how the white balance got off. With out a flash and in auto WB the shots were purple. You can re calibrate the white balance on the DL. Press the Fn button that will bring up the 4 way menu. press the left button to enter the white balance settings. Go down to the bottom the last one says adjust. press the right button to enter adjustment screen. point the camera at a WHITE object and press the shutter button. Your WB should be recalibrated. Try another shot and see if that helped Please let us know. That took care of the problem with my DL
I pressed the Fn button but its not letting me select the left button

04-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When you press the FN button you should get this screen. Do you? If you do try pressing the 4way [Left arrow] to enter the WB or AWB which ever it says. If you still can't enter the AWB. Then Shut the camera off and remove the batteries. Reinstall the batteries and try again.Sorry for the focus. I was to lazy to go get my tripod
Attached Images

Last edited by patrick9; 04-11-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: grammar
04-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
When you press the FN button you should get this screen. Do you? If you do try pressing the 4way [Left arrow] to enter the WB or AWB which ever it says. If you still can't enter the AWB. Then Shut the camera off and remove the batteries. Reinstall the batteries and try again.Sorry for the focus. I was to lazy to go get my tripod
I get that screen, but it still wont let me enter the AWB, Ive tried removing batteries but still no luck
04-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe a silly idea . . .

But the K200D would behave like that (no access to WB after pressing the FN button), if the camera is in green or scenery mode.
Maybe the mode select wheel doesn't work properly and sets the camera to other modes than the wheel setting indicates?

04-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To test if the awb button is functioning, switch camera on, and press menu
When you press left arrow it should flick back through the menu pages. and when press right arrow it should flick forward through the menu pages.
Left arrow is awb selection, so the above should tell you if the button is working.
(These cameras, by my experience with a few, have a weakness in the pushbuttons and e-wheel contacts. Exercising all the buttons and e-wheel periodically seems to help)
04-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
there is no white balance setting I can think of that can cause such an extreme colour shift - you have a camera with a sensor that is on the way out.
04-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
But the K200D would behave like that (no access to WB after pressing the FN button), if the camera is in green or scenery mode. Maybe the mode select wheel doesn't work properly and sets the camera to other modes than the wheel setting indicates?
My DL will enter Wb in all modes I just check to make sure. I would try whatwombat2go suggests. It sounds as if the the 4 way button may not be making contact on the left side. there are ways to clean the e Wheel I don't know if it would work with the 4way button. I am also not sure what was recommended for the cleaning. Someone else may remember tho There were several threads about one of the cameras having a problem with the E dial not working. You could probably find a thread on that The same method may work here if the 4way button isn' working in the main menu either I would try the cleaning.https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-01/221364-help-k-01-e-dial-stopped-working.html check out this thread for one.