Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #1

Pentax K-X Problem.. Help! :)

I came home to 4 deer in the backyard.. I was pretty excited and I ran inside to grab my camera.. I get back outside with my Pentax K-X, get it fully focused and the camera would set the flash off but wouldn't actually take the photo.. I changed the dial to a few different settings.. heard some grunting and they were gone. Frustrated I brought the camera back inside, put it back onto manual again and it took the photo.. but it is still selective on which settings it will take a picture from.. anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this?

04-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to ask.... Is there a memory card still in the camera?
04-08-2013, 03:46 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
I have to ask.... Is there a memory card still in the camera?
Yes, I've had this camera for a couple years now.. no internal memory means I need a memory card haha I did eventually get it to snap the photo...the camera was fully focused and would just set off the flash..
04-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Check your menu setting for C3 #16 "Release while Charging". You may have the camera set to block releasing the shutting while the flash is charging. And if the flash is taking too long to charge, you likely need fresh batteries.