Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Microscope adapter &...

Hello, I have a few questions about Pentax and there use with a microscope.

I have found most people are using the Canon T1i due to it`s live feed option and I guess price range... But I have been researching off and on and know Pentax is the best bang for my dollar in the long run :/

I`m thinking of getting a K7 but could use some help as I`m not sure if it will be the best option for use with my Scope, I have ordered a Amscope T409B and will be using Darkfield and bright.

I almost bought the K5 last year, but it`s just to priced out of my range for the green, amature I am...

Is the K7 going to be the top choice, I would like to have hdmi live feed so I think the K7 is the one?

Has anyone ever heard of any problems with the Pentax microscope adapters focusing?

Thank you for your time, you will be saving my countless hours of researching

I have researched microscope cameras but it seems for the money spent a DSLR is the only way to go :/

Cheers, or eat some healthy food if that`s your thing :]

T.

04-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi T-rex

I suspect I am interested in what answers you get to try and improve my setup

When you talk of microscopes, I am assuming it is high powered and light is passing through the specimen.

I have an ancient M42 screw microscope adapter. I have a t mount to fit my dslr

The biggest sticking point for me is cleaning my objective lens on the microscope. The quality of my images is close to poor due to the microscope lenses. I am not having problems focusing with my setup. the only information around on the old pentax microscope adaptor is in the book called 'the pentax way' After messing on the web trying to find out how it worked, all I needed to know was on my bookshelf - goes to show I hadn't looked at the book for a very long time.

i think once you have your gear working, it is a matter of manipulating your light.
04-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, you should Youtube Amscope T409B lots of very nice videos of people showing off there slides :]

They are selling for $279, so great quality for the money.

Last edited by T-rex; 04-08-2013 at 05:24 PM.
04-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by T-rex Quote
Thanks, you should Youtube Amscope T409B lots of very nice videos of people showing off there slides
Hi T-rex

I saw some nice bits of video. Would make nice biology lessons

How does a pentax connect to the microscope? I could not find a direct link to the model you quoted.

From what I can see the way the microscope light works will play a massive role in what kind of image you can get.

Once you own a K5 the k7 is really disappointing. Did you consider a k30? It feels a lot lighter than the k5 and might balance on the microscope better.

04-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the advise, the big hold back here is money spent on what is needed. With that said a used K 7 or K-01 would be in my range. There are adapters on ebay and if you do a search on this site there is a picture of a DSLR adapter.

I want a Camera that will give live feed when plugged into HDMI so I do not have to record and play back. The rest is butter. I`m a novice to say the least. Taking pictures is easy and I get lucky sometimes as I`ve learned in life to sometimes just stop and enjoy the moment so this is when I get lucky. But learning the finer details can get overwhelming when it`s not thing hobby your best at so nothing to fancy for me, if pentax made a high quality point and shoot with HDMI live feed video that had a microscope adapter maybe I would go that route.

Kiss is my motto ( keep it simple stupid )

I hope I can find a pentax for my needs.

Cheers :]
04-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #6

Original Poster
I have a gopro but not really going to be quality images if I used it.

I can`t believe noboy has given any info is penatx dead in the water when it comes to microscopy?

I`m close to getting a Canon and Pentax is my 1st choice but with no help to guide me from a pontial mistake maybe the lack of response is enough said :/

Cheers,

T.

Last edited by T-rex; 04-10-2013 at 08:10 PM.