Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #1

Problems with Pentax WG-1

Hello,

I need help with my Camera.. I have got a Pentax WG-1 which is suppose to be a water proof camera for 33 feet.. i went snorkling yesterday
and the water was no more than 10feet deep when my camera packed up and i saw only a black screen ...

now i cant take any pics and when i turn on the camera i still see the black screen .. but i can see the old pics that i have taken which are on the memory stick. however the new pics are saved as black shots .. so not really sure where it has gone wrong.

I live in Sri Lanka and we dont have a Pentax Agent here.

PLease help..

Thanks

K

04-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Leaks can happen, especially if dust accumulates around the rubber flaps, or if the camera has been physically damaged. Your best bet would probably be to get a replacement game given how cheap they are on the used market.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had a similar problem with a waterproof Olympus camera.

Take out the battery and the card.
Open all the access doors.
Place the camera in a dry warm place (incl. in the sun shine).
Let the camera dry for several days.
Recharge completely the battery.

It may work. It did in my case after one week of drying treatment.

Last edited by hcc; 04-16-2013 at 01:28 AM.
04-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it was sea water the cances it will work again is small because of salts. You can try drying camer in sealed box with silica gel bags. Saved my K5 after dunking in water.