Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #16
Forum Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I recently purchased a convertible Benro Travel Angel like this one: New Benro A2682TB1 Aluminium Travel Tripod Monopod Combo | eBay
The B1 ball head that comes with this unit is big and locks solid.
The tripod converts to a monopod as well.
The tripod is a little heavier than I expected but it makes it very sturdy.
The quality seems very good for the price.
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
New Benro A2682TB1 Aluminium Travel Tripod Monopod Combo

Hi Crewl1

I've just ordered one of these (apparently revision II ,,, not sure when that came out) for my K3. I will be using with Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 and DA* 60-250 f4. The latter makes a circa 2kg combination on the K3. I had seen many positive reviews for the tripod but sadly after I ordered some fairly negative ones about the Benro heads. They said the B1 was gritty in movement - not smooth ... and some suggested not confidently stable.

I should get in next week ... but keen to know your thoughts - particularly of the B1 head.

Best regards

Paul